Thursday 10 May 2012

Final Crit

Tuesday was the big day, the final crit and I'm still not sure how I feel about it, I guess that's because I feel my presentation didn't sell the concept well enough, the Ocean Floor was about the Crumbles site and how it would have once brimmed with life and wanting to create a design that would bring that life back to the area in a human context not a sea life context. I guess I over complicated a very simple message.

A day off yesterday and a morning of reflection today, working through the crit sheets and coming up with an action plan of how I can take my work forward. Feedback on my A3 document was very positive and I need to remember to keep to the process over the next 2 weeks and work through each area methodically and with an objective hat on.

Overall I'm pleased with where I got to for Tuesday and it was good to see the whole project together.

The final hanging with the models at the front on tables
Standing back from it I can see the sky is too dominant and so are the people, I'll knock the blue back and hand draw the people, I'll do more hand drawn plants and rendering to soften the sketches as well.  The viewports on the sketches all need to be widened. The 1:50 didn't work so I need to soften that and give more of an impression of space and atmosphere. A lot to do! 

Model montage

Inspirational images

1:500

This was the section outline and the images were hand drawn in

Sequential sketches for the 1:500 plan


1:200 plan











1:50 plan











No comments:

Post a Comment