Friday 7 October 2011

Model Tracing

Here are my traced model scans. The first one I hadn't changed the setting to Black and White and it shows quite a different colour background, a tinge of pink. This was not an experiment, just that I was concentrating on the DPI and forgot about the colour, back to my point the other day of more haste, less speed! The second scan I changed the setting to black and white, but didn't have a 1bit option, it was either 256 greys or thousands of greys, I went for the lower number. Both scans were set on 400dpi.

One is in outline only and the 2nd one I added some form and texture with a bit of cross-hatching.

I've also found that uploading large scans takes quite a while (why are scanned images so large?) so I have been opening them in Picasa and exporting them to a file, it reduces their file size so they load more quickly, but I don't know if it impacts on the quality of the scan - something for me to find out. 

Traced model scanned with 400dpi but setting not changed to B&W
Sketched in traced model scanned with 400dpi in black and white
I then decided I ought to try to import it to Photoshop and have a little play before I start with the 2nd task. I opened a file, created a layer and got the picture onto the layer. Then, BIG THANK YOU to Russell who showed me magic wand and transform. I removed the surrounding trace and am left with just the outline of the model, I then changed its size. I think this is going to be fun.
Traced model, edited in Photoshop

1 comment:

  1. And a BIG THANK YOU for saying THANK YOU. very nice of you.THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete