Saturday 11 February 2012

Masterplanning 6 - Levels

I've been working on the detail of the levels and doing sections to try to resolve the plan. Almost there now (I think). There's a lot of detail on the plan and so I've kept it black and white and will print it as a trace overlay. It's not fully annotated either. I will take some advice as to how much of this detail to put on the overlay and how much on the final rendered plan.

1:200 showing levels data. The area on the right is not finally drawn in Vectorworks, so not a completely finished design.
I've kept more than the actual area and put opacity on it, may just need a bit more opacity. I've been researching materials for the hard landscaping and am starting to narrow down the options. Good tutorial on Friday and through discussion resolved the too wide hedge, so feel a lot happier about that.

Need to do more sketches to show how the walls and ramps work, and continue with the sections, not sure if mini sketches are welcome on the plan or not - need to find out.

It's been a really busy week with a visit to Knole to make a presentation to Lord Sackville; 9 of us went along, he was very welcoming and then very interested in lots of the ideas. He sent Marian a very complimentary e mail about the work which was great. There'll be an Exhibition in March at Knole.

Off to Lille tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to now I've sorted the levels; need to pack my bag with lots of warm stuff, -9 there at the moment.

au revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment