Wednesday 29 February 2012

Spring is springing

Lots of things starting to happen in the garden now and colour is at last peeking through. It almost happened a few weeks ago and then the temperatures plummeted and the plants arrested, but now with the warmer temperatures they are growing quite fast. The crocus are gorgeous - I planted white and purple, good Catholic Lent colours as my Mother would say - it was less for that reason and more about me liking them!



The daffodils are full of bud and I'm pretty sure they'll break into flower by the weekend, especially if the days are as beautiful as today.

I adore Hellebores and lost a few last year because it was so dry, however those that remain don't let me down. Their nodding heads are full of intrigue and when you look into them they are quite beautiful; I often think of them as a shy plant in the way they keep their head down.



And in complete contrast, this red and yellow Camelia just shouts out "Hello, I'm here". It's the only bit of red in the garden but on a dull day it does make me smile.


So all of this is really getting me into the planting for the Masterplan, not that Hellebore and Camelia will work in a harsh coastal environment!





No comments:

Post a Comment