Thursday 5 April 2012

masterplanning 10 - Planting Plan

I've been working on the plants and planting plan this week which I've really enjoyed. I've done it by hand at the moment as a first draft and then I'll do it in Vectorworks. The schedule is also in note form at the moment but I'll type that up.

Draft planting plan for 1:50



Some pages from my planting palette, I've not used all of them in this 1:50 section
and also added in a couple not seen here because I thought they would fit in.
The colour scheme is blues/purples/pinks and yellows with white and silver. I think it will look good next to the beach. The planted area is sunken with a wooden walkway through it and places to sit. It's not intended as a busy thoroughfare but as an intimate space which is what the design needs, in other elements of the design there are plenty of wide open public spaces for play or meeting in groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment