Monday 5 December 2011

Masterplanning 2

A lot more in class today about the words - Educational, Connective and Playful - what they mean, what images they conjure up, words associated with them. Some/All the words then have meaning and help in the Masterplanning process for each scenario.

Then it was onto the base map and working out what is important - views, buildings, access etc. Building up layers of importance that we then did some conceptual ideas onto about how the design might work. This is at 1:2000, I've not worked at this scale before so have to keep reminding myself just how large the area is. It's not about individual trees but the idea that the trees will be there. The detail comes at 1:500, although I guess that will only be detailed to a point. I need to check out a few plans at 1:2000 to help with portraying my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment