Monday 26 December 2011

It's been a while

I haven't posted anything since the 13th December; the first term finished in a bit of a rush. We pinned up our 1:2000 master plans and the crits went on for all the afternoon and then into the evening. Once your crit was finished you were free to go but I would have liked a group summing up and opportunity to ask a few more questions, but there was no time. The individual feedback was very good and I've got comments to work on to develop the master plan and then start to drill down into 1:500, sketches and so on.

Historic Garden Conservation culminated in all of us making our final presentations and handing in the A3 Conservation Management Plan. It was a good day and brilliant to see everyones presentations and ideas. An evening out with the group was a perfect end to the term. I'd kept going until the Thursday and then the flu set in on the Friday, today is the first day I'm feeling anywhere near normal so thought I'd post a blog and wish everyone a belated Christmas and a great 2012.

Time now to focus on the work for when we return which includes some History and Philosophy of Garden Design and a set of drawings, sketches and A3 Master plan document for Garden Design. I'm looking forward to it now and will take a trip down to Sovereign Park to do sketches.

I've noticed that Christmas cards make great little sketches and good for practising trees and street scenes. One advantage of milder weather is that the white flowering Camellia which I call my Christmas Camellia look beautiful for longer; when there's a hard frost the petals go brown and they only look good on the first day they flower, but this year we can really enjoy them -  I've included a photo so you can enjoy them too.

Christmas Camellia in my front garden

No comments:

Post a Comment