Monday 28 November 2011

Interesting day...

We have been working on a group project in preparation for Masterplanning. Some people looking at Eastbourne's Sovereign Park area and some looking at Bexhill on Sea. Today was the presentation from each group on their survey findings; I'm part of the Eastbourne team and we had five people presenting the survey and three people presenting precedent studies, the group has a total of 16.

Once delivered we received feedback from Jamie, Paula and Julia. If I were a betting woman, I'd say we didn't get the job! There was a lot of criticism about the presentation and the content, and I think this must be taken as constructive. I say that on the basis that everything else we do in class, the lecturers want us to do well, comments are intended as a platform on which we can improve and develop - otherwise what is the point?

There are positives, we got a presentation together even though some detail in certain areas was lacking; the presentation team worked well together and were strong as a group.

We'll get our mark soon, and I'm sure everyone will step up to the plate to address any shortfalls and make the written document good.

I normally get home very upbeat about the day, but not tonight, I guess I'm disappointed that collectively we disappointed, because I know how much time, effort and complete commitment was given by the presentation team (I'm not naming, people know what they did) to make today happen.

A lot learnt, a lot to learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment