Monday 21 November 2011

It's a mystery

I had one annotation left to do on Wood Wharf so after dinner decided I'd get it done, save it all to CD and then post it in the morning. A few tips today from classmates on how to save a smaller PDF, so as the size was 22MB I thought I'd try. First attempt at trying to reduce the size took my Mac a long time, and I always get a little nervous when the spinning coloured wheel spins for too long. Eventually it saved, I checked the size, 286MB, nearly fell off the chair! Tried again, ticking different boxes, spinning wheel, 88MB, not sure how much a CD can take. Another attempt, this time, clicked as a copy, unclicked layers, smallest file size and hey presto - 3MB. Opened it, looks ok on the screen, so I'm happy to say that Wood Wharf is now sent via e mail. What a great feeling!

The mystery is: How can it range from so big to so small?

Julia suggested writing up what I've learnt from the Wood Wharf project; a bit more than a paragraph in my case so I'll do it in the morning when I'm less tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment