Tuesday 17 January 2012

Eastbourne Interim Crit

I was pleased with how yesterday went, a few comments that have prompted a re-look at certain areas of the design. I had spent a while on my plan and rushed the elevations which I knew weren't right, so will redo them, sketches continue as a work in progress. My design title is The Ocean Floor because I think it looks like an underwater adventure and with the ancient coastal habitat I thought it worked quite well. Jamie wrote a note on my crit to check out octanauts, I thought this was the name for one of the shapes I had used, so I looked in the dictionary and no luck, googled it and discovered it is a whole undersea adventure - not having children I had no idea and would have missed it completely - so thank you Jamie, it has given me the inspiration for improving how the circles can be presented.

I'm putting the pictures here that I pinned up yesterday so when I put next weeks up I'm hoping there'll be a noticeable difference.

Main design, a little flat on the rendering, too large an area in the central section for the sculpture park but I have resolved this in the reworking of the plan.

I lost the plot (overtired) on the elevations but will work on them for next week.
A work in progress and Julia made a nice comment on the crit sheet that has built my confidence a bit so I'll carry on in my style rather than try to imitate.


No comments:

Post a Comment